Dip. di Ingegneria dell’Informazione
Parco Area delle Scienze, 181A
Federico Parisi was born in Crotone (KR), Italy, on November 7th, 1987.
He received the “Laurea” degree (3-year program, equivalent to a Bachelor) in Computer Engineering on March 19, 2010 and the “Laurea Magistrale” degree (3+2 year program, equivalent to a Master) (summa cum laude) in Computer Engineering on March 21, 2013, both from the University of Parma, Italy. He discussed a thesis with title “Improving road safety through smartphone-based monitoring of the driver” (in italian).
Since Jenuary 2014, he is a PhD student in Information Technologies at the University of Parma, Italy, and he is a member of the Wireless Ad-Hoc Sensor Networks Laboratory (WASNLab) at the Information Engineering Department of the University of Parma, supervised by Prof. Gianluigi Ferrari.
- 2012-2015: “VRehab – Virtual Reality in Assessment and TeleRehabilitation of Parkinson’s Disease and Post-Stroke Disabilities” (RF-2009-1472190), acting as a researcher of CNIT research unit of Parma as subcontractor of Istituto Auxologico Italiano.
- Body Sensor Networks (BSNs);
- inertial motion capture;
- motion reconstruction;
- orientation estimation algorithms;
- telerehabilitation and mobile health applications;
- wireless (indoor) localization;
- mobile applications with focus on inertial sensing.
A novel step detection and step length estimation algorithm for hand-held smartphones Inproceedings
2018 International Conference on Indoor Positioning and Indoor Navigation (IPIN), 2018.
Impact of on-body IMU placement on inertial navigation Journal Article
IET Wireless Sensor Systems -Special Issue on Body Sensor Networks , 8 (1), pp. 3-9, 2017, ISSN: 2043-6394.
2016 IEEE 13th International Conference on Wearable and Implantable Body Sensor Networks (BSN), pp. 335–340, IEEE 2016.
IEEE Transactions on Affective Computing, 7 (3), pp. 258-271, 2016.
IEEE Journal of Biomedical and Health Informatics, 19 (6), pp. 1777-1793, 2015, ISBN: 2168-2194.
Proc. of 12th International Conference on Wearable and Implantable Body Sensor Networks (BSN), Cambridge, MA, USA, 2015.
Proc. of 9th International Conference on Body Area Networks (BODYNETS), London, Great Britain, 2014.
- Nicolò Strozzi
- Thesis: Single Inertial Sensor-based System for Pedestrian Navigation (Sistema a Singolo Sensore Inerziale per Navigazione Pedestre)
- Gianluca Bellini
- Thesis: Implementation of an Android Application for Diagnostic Agricultural and Food Analysis based on Image Processing (Sviluppo di un Applicativo Android per Analisi Diagnostiche per l’Agroalimentare attraverso tecniche di Image Processing)
- Tomas Leoni
- Thesis: Mobile Devices Authentication based on Inertial Data (Autenticazione fra Dispositivi Mobili basata su Dati Inerziali)
- Nicolò Strozzi